Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Almost Mugged on the Highway

Everytime one of you sends me a scary email I always check it up on the web at truthorfiction. com to verify the story.

well you won't have to do it with this one. This one which is a real textbook popular email case happened to me.

Today the 4th of Jan 2010 I was driving back from KL via the Sungai Besi road. I made an exit to the road that leads to Mid Valley and Taman desa. As I was driving I was also talking to one of our worship team members on the phone(using my hands free of course)when I heard a honk on my left side. When I turned to look I saw this very ordinary, big brother like Indian guy on a small bike pointing to my wheel and indicating with his hands that there were fumes. ( Somebody mentioned this on an email before) At first I continued driving and talking. Then he honked again and looked concerned so I decided to pull over. Just as I did I noticed he pulled over about 20 yards away from me and got off his bike. Just then, every horror story I've read on the email flashed in my mind and I thought O God, what if this guy's a mugger. I thought quickly, started my car and started driving indicating to him that it's alright. By this time he was already walking towards the car. As I drove off, I noticed about a hundred meters away another indian guy on the motorbike looking back at the scene very disappointed.
I drove to my regular tyre shop (Kee Hin) along Old Klang Road and checked my car and found nothing wrong with it.
Everything they did was classic like from out of an email warning. Pointing at the tyres, pulling up in front and pretending to help.

This is the funny thing though. Most if these cases happen with people with good cars and look wealthy enough to make the robbery worthwhile. I am a middle aged man driving a 1991 Ford Laser Sedan. Most of you have Mobile phones that are more expensive than my car and yet it didn't deter them. Please be careful everyone esp. ladies. These guys seem to be targeting everyone now. Quotas must have gone up. Keep your cars locked while driving, park in very public areas, and don't stop for anything.

Ps 91:11
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.


This verse became real for me today. Thank you Lord for you protection.

2 comments:

The Malaysian Explorer said...

Hello Pastor Guy,
Glad that you're ok and can share this with us. I've added this alert, with your consent, on my site too.

Cheers and Happy 2010!

Snoopyjazz said...

HI Pastor Guy,
Didn't know you have a blog. yes, it doesn't matter wat car you drive nowadays. Thank God for His protection!